SKYWARN is a concept developed in the late 1960s that was intended to promote a cooperative effort between the National Weather Service and communities. The emphasis of the effort is often focused on the storm spotter, an individual who takes a position near their community and reports wind gusts, hail size, rainfall, and cloud formations that could signal a developing tornado. Another part of SKYWARN is the receipt and effective distribution of National Weather Service information.
Skywarn is a function of the Four States Amateur Radio Service. If you would like to become part of the Skywarn, you may contact Arthur, Skywarn Director at KF5VWN AT windstream.net.
NWS Weather Advisory
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
- Special Weather Statement issued June 19 at 5:30AM CDT by NWS
- Special Weather Statement issued June 19 at 4:46AM CDT by NWS
- Flood Advisory issued June 16 at 6:16PM CDT until June 16 at 9:00PM CDT by NWS
- Special Weather Statement issued June 16 at 4:30AM CDT by NWS
- Special Weather Statement issued June 16 at 3:36AM CDT by NWS