SKYWARN is a concept developed in the late 1960s that was intended to promote a cooperative effort between the National Weather Service and communities. The emphasis of the effort is often focused on the storm spotter, an individual who takes a position near their community and reports wind gusts, hail size, rainfall, and cloud formations that could signal a developing tornado. Another part of SKYWARN is the receipt and effective distribution of National Weather Service information.
Skywarn is a function of the Four States Amateur Radio Service. If you would like to become part of the Skywarn, you may contact Arthur, Skywarn Director at KF5VWN AT windstream.net.
NWS Weather Advisory
- Dense Fog Advisory issued January 27 at 3:39AM CST until January 27 at 10:00AM CST by NWS
- Dense Fog Advisory issued January 26 at 11:10PM CST until January 27 at 10:00AM CST by NWS
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
- Special Weather Statement issued January 22 at 6:32AM CST by NWS
- Child Abduction Emergency issued January 18 at 4:11PM CST by NWS
- Lake Wind Advisory issued January 18 at 3:15AM CST until January 18 at 4:00PM CST by NWS