SKYWARN is a concept developed in the late 1960s that was intended to promote a cooperative effort between the National Weather Service and communities. The emphasis of the effort is often focused on the storm spotter, an individual who takes a position near their community and reports wind gusts, hail size, rainfall, and cloud formations that could signal a developing tornado. Another part of SKYWARN is the receipt and effective distribution of National Weather Service information.
Skywarn is a function of the Four States Amateur Radio Service. If you would like to become part of the Skywarn, you may contact Arthur, Skywarn Director at KF5VWN AT windstream.net.
NWS Weather Advisory
- Lake Wind Advisory issued April 19 at 3:00PM CDT until April 19 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Lake Wind Advisory issued April 19 at 3:20AM CDT until April 19 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
- Lake Wind Advisory issued April 18 at 4:23PM CDT until April 18 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Lake Wind Advisory issued April 18 at 1:05PM CDT until April 18 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Special Weather Statement issued April 18 at 3:46AM CDT by NWS