SKYWARN is a concept developed in the late 1960s that was intended to promote a cooperative effort between the National Weather Service and communities. The emphasis of the effort is often focused on the storm spotter, an individual who takes a position near their community and reports wind gusts, hail size, rainfall, and cloud formations that could signal a developing tornado. Another part of SKYWARN is the receipt and effective distribution of National Weather Service information.
Skywarn is a function of the Four States Amateur Radio Service. If you would like to become part of the Skywarn, you may contact Arthur, Skywarn Director at KF5VWN AT windstream.net.
NWS Weather Advisory
- Lake Wind Advisory issued October 11 at 3:47AM CDT until October 11 at 4:00PM CDT by NWS
- Lake Wind Advisory issued October 10 at 9:17PM CDT until October 11 at 4:00PM CDT by NWS
- Child Abduction Emergency issued October 07 at 11:49AM CDT by NWS
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
- Special Weather Statement issued October 06 at 11:14PM CDT by NWS
- Severe Weather Statement issued October 06 at 8:53PM CDT until October 06 at 9:15PM CDT by NWS