SKYWARN is a concept developed in the late 1960s that was intended to promote a cooperative effort between the National Weather Service and communities. The emphasis of the effort is often focused on the storm spotter, an individual who takes a position near their community and reports wind gusts, hail size, rainfall, and cloud formations that could signal a developing tornado. Another part of SKYWARN is the receipt and effective distribution of National Weather Service information.
Skywarn is a function of the Four States Amateur Radio Service. If you would like to become part of the Skywarn, you may contact Arthur, Skywarn Director at KF5VWN AT windstream.net.
NWS Weather Advisory
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
- Special Weather Statement issued June 26 at 8:03PM CDT by NWS
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued June 26 at 7:27PM CDT until June 26 at 8:15PM CDT by NWS
- Heat Advisory issued June 26 at 1:39PM CDT until June 26 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Heat Advisory issued June 26 at 7:08AM CDT until June 26 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Heat Advisory issued June 25 at 8:57PM CDT until June 26 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Heat Advisory issued June 25 at 2:05PM CDT until June 26 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS