SKYWARN is a concept developed in the late 1960s that was intended to promote a cooperative effort between the National Weather Service and communities. The emphasis of the effort is often focused on the storm spotter, an individual who takes a position near their community and reports wind gusts, hail size, rainfall, and cloud formations that could signal a developing tornado. Another part of SKYWARN is the receipt and effective distribution of National Weather Service information.
Skywarn is a function of the Four States Amateur Radio Service. If you would like to become part of the Skywarn, you may contact Arthur, Skywarn Director at KF5VWN AT windstream.net.
NWS Weather Advisory
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
- Freeze Warning issued April 20 at 1:23PM CDT until April 21 at 9:00AM CDT by NWS
- Lake Wind Advisory issued April 20 at 1:23PM CDT until April 20 at 10:00PM CDT by NWS
- Lake Wind Advisory issued April 20 at 4:40AM CDT until April 20 at 10:00PM CDT by NWS
- Child Abduction Emergency issued April 19 at 6:31AM CDT by NWS
- Severe Weather Statement issued April 14 at 5:16AM CDT until April 14 at 6:00AM CDT by NWS